Tips For Taming Frizzy Hair
The battle of fighting frizz is over! Here are some tips for beautiful, smooth, frizz-free hair.
1) Use a sulfate-free shampoo and only shampoo twice a week. Many common shampoos contain sulfates that strip your hair of natural oils that naturally moisturize your hair. By removing these natural oils you can leave your hair dry and therefore more prone to frizz. Sulfate-free shampoo maintains your natural oils leaving your hair naturally moisturized.
2) Always use conditioner! Choose one with coconut oil or Shea butter. Apply mid-length to the tips and avoid the roots to prevent oiliness. Leave on for 3-5 min. Rinse with cool water to close the cuticle which prevents frizz.
3) Use a hair mask once a week. A hair mask is a specialized treatment to repair and lock in moisture. A hair mask is especially important to repair your hair if it is over-processed or heat damaged. Look for one that contains coconut oil. A good hair mask should be super moisturizing, leaving you with silky soft hair.
4) Choose products that are alcohol-free. Alcohol not only dries the hair out but it also swells the cuticle which causes frizz. So make sure you are reading labels to ensure that your products are alcohol-free.
5) Keep heat settings low on your styling tools. Never go above 365 degrees! Anything higher will cause the cuticle to swell causing frizz.
6) If you have curly hair try a diffuser attachment on your blow dryer. Using a diffuser makes a significant difference. It cuts down frizz while keeping your curls bouncy.
7) Use a nourishing oil on your ends. Hair oil penetrates into the cuticle revitalizing dry ends. It smooths the hair, adds shine, and leaves your hair glossy.
8) Don’t touch! Once your hair is dried and styled resist the urge to run your fingers through it. Our hands have moisture naturally on them and this can disrupt your hair's texture creating frizz.